Collective is a registered charity offering workspace, courses and collaboration for a growing community of Creatives in the heart of Camden. Collective is migratory and builds on a legacy of successfully acquiring and re-purposing vacant and underused spaces.
We provide free hot-desking space and subsidised offices for startups and training academies in creative and digital skills.
The Collective journey has been many things to many people from pop up shops to career development, to commissioning public realm projects. We have an evolving model but our constant is the strong and ever growing community of young people, entrepreneurs and stakeholders who give strength and support to our next exciting stages of development.
We rely on grants and raising revenue to fund our activities. The project has been supported by various public and private contributions including:
- The Mayor of London’s High Street Fund
- The Mayor of London’s Regeneration Fund
- The London Enterprise Panel and Mayor of London’s Growing Places Fund
- Camden Council
- Camden Town Unlimited
The project has won the following awards since its inception in 2009.
- Winner, 2010 Don’t Move Improve, Improve! with Dexter Moren Associates
- Winner, 2013 ATCM Awards, Innovation in BIDS
- Highly Commended, 2013 ATCM Awards, Town and City Partnership BIDS
- National Finalist, 2014 Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, Commercial Development
- Winner, 2014 Third Sector Business Charity Awards, Community Impact Award
- Winner, 2014 Third Sector Business Charity Awards, Charity Partnership small business with turnover less than £6.5m
- Winner, ASDA Enterprising Growth, 2014 Business in the Community Awards
- Winner, Big Tick Award, 2014 Business in the Community Awards
- Shortlisted, 2014 New London Awards ‘Retail’
- Commended, 2014 New London Awards ‘The Temporary’
- Highly Commended, 2014 ATCM Awards, Diversifying the Business Mix
- Highly Commended, Improving The Business Environment, Department of Business Innovation & Skills
- Gold, 2014 Corporate Engagement Awards, Best Collaborative Approach
- Gold, 2014 Corporate Engagement Awards, Best Execution
- Gold, 2014 Corporate Engagement Awards, Most Innovative Collaboration
- Silver, 2014 Corporate Engagement Awards, Most Effective Short Term Programme
- Silver, 2014 Corporate Engagement Awards, Best Combined Programme
- Winner, Best Programme of Support for Small Businesses, 2014 Small Business Friendly Borough Awards
- Best Shop, 2014 Time Out Love London Awards
- Shortlisted, NLA New Ideas for Housing – International Ideas Competition
- Commended, 2016 New London Awards ‘Office Interior’
- Winner, 2016 New London Awards ‘The Temporary’
- Bronze, 2016 Corporate Engagement Awards, Most innovative collaboration
- Gold, 2016 Corporate Engagement Awards, Best collaborative approach
Collective is run by CTU Community Project, the charitable arm of Camden Town Unlimited, the business improvement district for Camden Town.
Registered Charity Registered Charity Number: 1148689
Registered Company: 08032671